It's true indeed what a difference a year can make. This time last year I was going through it! I didn't want to celebrate, I was highly emotional and distressed, my cousin had to force me out of the house and bribe me to come to NY to celebrate it. It ended up being a great night (I miss Miss Lily's so much, I think about it on a daily basis) but still.
I stood firm in the fact I was going to be back in London for my 30th, whether I did something or not I just wanted to be home and surrounded by my immediate family. Even the last few weeks, I'd been praying and seeing 11:11 constantly and meditating on having a peaceful, joyous birthday -and would you look at how it turned out! I'm really simple at heart - just give me good food, great company and I'll have the time of my life. Thank you to anyone reading this that contributed to me having a perfect birthday. I'm so ready for this new chapter, already starting it right by taking my mental and physical more seriously, making amends, loving more, etc.
With that being said, I made a list of 30 things I've learned before 30:
1. It's perfectly fine to cut off or distance yourself from family to protect yourself from mental/emotional abuse or toxicity.
2. When a loved one tells you to not stress or worry about a negative situation they're in, listen to them and act accordingly for your own sanity and well-being.
3. Do everything yourself first.
4. Don't allow anyone, family or not to dump their emotional baggage on you.
5. When you live your truth, like-minded souls have no choice but to stan.
6. Try everything at least once.
7. Learn and love who you are at your core.
8. Create, create, create. And when you're done, create some mo'!
9. Never stop showing gratitude. EVER. For all things big and small.
10. Give whenever you can.
11. Take chances/risks as often as possible.
12. Don't allow family to continue to disrespect you.
13. No need to be passive aggressive or petty, just address the ish and keep it moving.
14. Yoga works!
15. Stay assertive.
16. Love hard but always with conscious.
17. Tell your loved ones you love them, miss them etc.
18. Master learning to ask for help directly without beating around the bush or expecting people to read your mind and just know what you need.
19. You can learn the most about yourself in a short amount of time (in my instance, 9 months).
20. Love your body and teach your mind to respect it.
21. Never stop reinventing yourself.
22. Freedom tops everything, you can never put a price on that.
23. Passionate people, we care deeply about a number of things and people but it's truly okay to not care about everything and everyone. It's impossible to do so.
24. THERE IS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING! ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE.
25. You are loved more than you can sometimes even fathom or comprehend and you know what? It shows, just look deeper.
26. It's perfectly fine to not have a type when it comes to guys. Vibes and chemistry mean so much more.
27. You can manifest the life you want and the things you want by eradicating STRESSSSSSS, WORRRRRRRRYY and DOUUBBTTT!
28. Certain situations REQUIRE you to use your HEAD and IGNORE your heart which is necessary to prevent heartbreak and disappointment.
29. Gym is life... wow that's crazy coming from me, but it's true.
30. Unlearning is just as necessary as learning.
31. Don't let anyone disturb your healing and vice versa.